We have joined with environmental campaign groups across the city to launch a new campaign called the Pompey Streets Spacecalling on Portsmouth City Council to make our city safe for residents to walk, wheel, shop and cycle whilst keeping 2m apart by:
- Widening narrow pavements in busy streets so that people can keep two metres apart whilst walking, queuing for shops etc.
- Creating a city-wide network of roads that give priority to cyclists and pedestrians
- Creating commuter cycle routes to allow people who usually travel by public transport to get quickly and safely to work by bike.
- Green Spaces for People and Health Webinar – Thursday 21 May 10am
- How the natural environment can help combat climate change Wednesday 27 May 2pm
- Making places greener – practical tools and insights Thursday 4 June 2pm.
- Sustainable(ish) had an online festival last week and the talks are still available.
- Climate OutreachThursday 21 May 7am and 4pm.
- Global Justice Now Friday 5 June.
- Climate Action has a series on climate change
BBC Springwatch has started!
Facebook: 19 May-22 May live shows at 9am, 12pm and 5pm.
BBC2: 26 May- 12 June at 8pm.
Live 24/7 wildlife cameras from 23 May.
Green Drinks online meeting – Thursday 11 June at 8:15pm Email email@example.com for more details.
Online Climate Strike – Join in on Friday 29 May.
30 Days Wild – This June the Hampshire & Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust invites you to do one wild thing a day throughout the whole month: for your health, well being and for the planet. That’s 30 simple, fun and exciting Random Acts of Wildness.
Vidigrow – This tried and tested video links gardening activities to core curricular subjects and big issues beyond the school gate.
Have Your Say with these surveys!
The building of a new water reservoir in Havant Thicket.
Walking and cycling – Sustrans
Make our city safe for walking, shopping and cycling – Pompey Streets Safe