3 May is International Dawn Chorus Day and the best time to hear it is from 5:30am from your window, balcony or garden! The RSPB can help you identify which birds are singing here. If you’d prefer to hear it indoors, you can listen to it online with the RSPB 5-7am and Chris Packham from 7am-8am. #DawnChorusDay
Hedgehog Awareness Week also starts on 3 May! Find out how you can help these endangered species here.
This week join these interesting webinars:
- Climate Change Fair Share webinar hosted by Christian Aid, War on Want, Friends of the Earth and Action Aid on Thursday 7 May 4-5:30pm. This is the first session in a two part series to ensure the UK is stepping up to its responsibilities in the climate crisis.
- Making Streets Safer Now and For the Future – hosted by Manchester FOE on Tuesday 5 May 10:30-12:30pm.
National Walking Month
Check out Living Street’s Make More Space for Walking’ campaign.
Join this webinar: Learn How to Care For Trees on Your Property – hosted by Manchester FOE on Tuesday 5 May 6-7:30pm.
Walk Where You May Month
Try and identify the great trees in and around Portsmouth that you see during your daily exercise by:
- Downloading the Woodland Trust’s tree identification app
- Visiting the Woodland Trust’s A-Z of British trees website.
- Checking our the Facebook page Portsmouth trees, plants and wildlife identification…and celebration!
Record the butterflies you see in your garden, park or local woods e.g. Hilsea Lines, Milton Common or Farlington Marshes with the Butterfly Conservation’s app.